Welcome to Drama with a Difference!
Drama and Acting Classes Melbourne
- Clifton Hill – Council Street Studio, 3 Council Street, Clifton Hill [VIEW MAP]
- Blackbox Theatre, Blackhall/Kalimna Campus, Preshil school, 26 Sackville Street, Kew [VIEW MAP]
Join us on Facebook
BLOCK 1, 2017 OF THE ADULT INTENSIVE PERFORMANCE CLASS (Mondays and Tuesdays at Clifton Hill) will culminate in a series of performances in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival in April 2017. See Adult Intensive Performance Class for details.
RECREATIONAL DRAMA – for PERSONAL AND/OR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- A supportive and safe environment
- Each class has its own version of ‘performances’. In our recreational adult classes, performances take the form of a relaxed, open-class style, for friends and family. (as distinct from our Intensive Adult Classes which involve performances in the upcoming Melbourne International Comedy Festival)
- An environment which will get you in touch with the power of your imagination – an invaluable tool for people from all walks of life
- A range of classes for all ages and levels (see the menu to view details)
- An understanding of the uses of drama for a wide variety of purposes and outcomes
- A history of past students who reinforce how much our classes have helped them gain self esteem, self understanding, confidence and personal charisma – all of which have greatly assisted them as individuals (see Testimonials)
- A fantastic starting point if you are thinking about going further with acting at some stage (even in the near future)
- The opportunity to perform in one of Melbourne’s major theatre festivals.
FOR ACTORS AND ASPIRING ACTORS
If you are an aspiring actor of any age, it is important that you let us know. Casting agents often contact us for various roles.
- See Students of note.
- Adults interested in taking acting further should look at our Intensive Adult Acting Courses. The upcoming two blocks (2 and 3) will work towards a season of shows in the Melbourne Fringe Festival.
- Teenagers attending on Mondays at Clifton Hill work on a play for presentation towards the end of 2016.
- Teenagers attending on Thursdays at Kew will work on scenes for film and TV with an experienced film and TV actress/teacher. They will work towards an open-class presentation towards the end of the year.
- Children attending classes in Clifton Hill (Saturdays) and Kew (Thursdays) will work towards a production that will take place towards the end of the year.
For aspiring actors and/or students who are interested in related areas (eg: production, directing, casting, stage management, camera work etc.) we offer the following:
- A solid 20-year history
- An impressive industry record – our students have worked in major and smaller roles in almost every Australian TV show over 15 years, many feature films, and for most major theatre companies – including several overseas (see Students of note)
- A genuine list of well-known past and present students for whom Drama with a Difference was the launching pad into the industry (see Students of note)
- Integrity – a grounded and realistic approach to people wishing to be actors – we present a realistic picture of the industry
- Inspiration and encouragement – as much assistance as possible in helping you realize your dreams
- Genuine connections with major casting consultants, producers and agents – as a highly respected drama school, these people contact us on a regular basis for suggestions – including children and teenagers (see Students of note)
- Experienced teachers who possess hands-on experience as actors / directors / agents.
Production Group – new!!
Although you do not have to harbour a desire to become an actor, this group is especially useful for people who are interested in the possibility of professional acting. It will run as a semi-professional company, and we will invite casting consultants, agents and other industry professionals to the shows.
Email Michele Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you require assistance with an audition or speech, please email directly to discuss private lesson rates and to organise times.
- For teenagers looking at acting and/or its related industries, we can assist with advice, audition preparation etc. for major drama schools. We have assisted young people to gain entry via audition preparation into some of the world’s most prestigious acting schools.
- If you wish to book a session to discuss the best way of approaching agents etc. this can also be arranged.
Film and TV Workshops + SHORT COURSES
Our upcoming programs are:
- Children’s January 2017 Holiday Program, 17–21 January – A Play in Five Days! See the Children’s January 2017 Holiday Program page for more information.
In 2017, we will again be running Film and TV Weekend Workshops for teenagers and adults. Information will be posted on the website when course details are available.
These workshops and classes feature guest teachers from the industry who are highly experienced in casting / acting / directing (see Guest teachers)