Welcome to Drama with a Difference!
Drama and Acting Classes Melbourne
- Clifton Hill – Council Street Studio, 3 Council Street, Clifton Hill (five minutes up the road from previous venue – The Theatre Husk, Northcote) [VIEW MAP]
- Blackbox Theatre, Blackhall/Kalimna Campus, Preshil school, 26 Sackville Street, Kew [VIEW MAP]
Join us on Facebook
Performance Block for Adults
In Block 3, 2015, the Adult weekly classes (Monday and Tuesday classes only) will work towards a performance of TAINTED LOVE: scenes on a mixture of loves as part of the Melbourne Fringe Festival.
October Holiday Program for Children
- The October Holiday Program for Children – ‘A Play in Five Days’ – will work on a partially scripted, mostly improvised play titled Once Upon A Time. The kids and the teacher will co-devise a retelling of traditional fairy tales, with a twist!
RECREATIONAL DRAMA – for PERSONAL AND/OR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- A supportive and safe environment
- An environment which will get you in touch with the power of your imagination – an invaluable tool for people from all walks of life
- A range of classes for all ages and levels (see the menu to view details)
- An understanding of the uses of drama for a wide variety of purposes and outcomes
- A history of past students who reinforce how much our classes have helped them gain self esteem, self understanding, confidence and personal charisma – all of which have greatly assisted them as individuals (see Testimonials)
- A fantastic starting point if you are thinking about going further with acting at some stage (even in the near future)
- The opportunity to perform in one of Melbourne’s major theatre festivals.
FOR ACTORS AND ASPIRING ACTORS
If you are an aspiring actor of any age, it is important that you let us know. Casting agents often contact us for various roles.
- See Students of note.
- Adults interested in taking acting further should look at our Intensive Adult Acting Courses.
- Teenagers attending on Mondays at Clifton Hill (Term 3) will begin work on a play for presentation towards the end of the year.
- Teenagers attending on Thursdays at Kew will work on scenes for film and TV with experienced film and TV actress/teacher (Kestie Morassi).
- Children attending in term 3 (Kew and Clifton Hill) will begin work on a piece for performance towards the end of the year.
For aspiring actors and/or students who are interested in related areas (eg: production, directing, casting, stage management, camera work etc.) we offer the following:
- A solid 20-year history
- An impressive industry record – our students have worked in major and smaller roles in almost every Australian TV show over 15 years, many feature films, and for most major theatre companies – including several overseas (see Students of note)
- A genuine list of well-known past and present students for whom Drama with a Difference was the launching pad into the industry (see Students of note)
- Integrity – a grounded and realistic approach to people wishing to be actors – we present a realistic picture of the industry
- Inspiration and encouragement – as much assistance as possible in helping you realize your dreams
- Genuine connections with major casting consultants, producers and agents – as a highly respected drama school, these people contact us on a regular basis for suggestions – including children and teenagers (see Students of note)
- Experienced teachers who possess hands-on experience as actors / directors / agents.
Email Michele Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you require assistance with an audition or speech, please email directly to discuss private lesson rates and to organise times.
- For teenagers looking at acting and/or its related industries, we can assist with advice, audition preparation etc. for major drama schools. We have assisted young people to gain entry via audition preparation into some of the world’s most prestigious acting schools.
- If you wish to book a session to discuss the best way of approaching agents etc. this can also be arranged.
Film and TV Workshops + Showreel classes
- Film and TV Workshops with casting links for all ages will be offered throughout the second half of the year. We will shortly be posting details on the website.
- At various times of the year, we hold showreel making classes (editing together scenes and monologues for agents/casting agents).
- These workshops and classes feature guest teachers from the industry who are highly experienced in casting/acting /directing (see Guest teachers).