Welcome to Drama with a Difference!
Drama and Acting Classes Melbourne
Main Teaching Location: The Theatre Husk, 161a Heidelberg Road, (Northcote/Fairfield border) [VIEW MAP]
Other Teaching Location: Blackbox Theatre, Blackhall/Kalimna Campus, Preshil school, 26 Sackville Street, Kew [VIEW MAP]
Join us on Facebook
Do you want to see the current adult class
perform in the
Melbourne Fringe Festival?
The current (Term 3) Adult Acting Class is full and about to take part in the Melbourne Fringe Festival. There are four adult class performances in October:
Friday 3 October at 7.30pm
Saturday 4 October at 4pm and 7.30pm
Sunday 5 October at 4pm
$23 groups of 4 plus
To buy your tickets, visit the Festival Booking Site.
Children’s October school holiday program
‘A Play in Five Days’!! Perform in Roald Dahl’s ‘Revolting Rhymes’ – 30 September – 4 October. For more details, see the Holiday Program page.
Children's end-of year performance
In Term 4, the Children’s Class will prepare a performance of Alice in Wonderland.
RECREATIONAL DRAMA – for PERSONAL AND/OR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- A supportive and safe environment
- An environment which will get you in touch with the power of your imagination – an invaluable tool for people from all walks of life
- A range of classes for all ages and levels (see the menu to view details)
- An understanding of the uses of drama for a wide variety of purposes and outcomes
- A history of past students who reinforce how much our classes have helped them gain self esteem, self understanding, confidence and personal charisma – all of which have greatly assisted them as individuals (see Testimonials)
- A fantastic starting point if you are thinking about going further with acting at some stage (even in the near future)
- The opportunity to perform in one of Melbourne’s major theatre festivals.
FOR ACTORS AND ASPIRING ACTORS
Students who wish to become professional actors will benefit enormously from taking part in the performances. Performance opportunities include the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, and the Melbourne Fringe Festival.
FILM AND TV – APPROACHING AN AGENT – SHOW REEL
- Classes in Film and TV
- At various times of the year, we hold showreel making classes (editing together scenes and monologues for agents/casting agents)
- Guest teachers from the industry who are highly experienced in casting /acting / directing (see Guest teachers)
For assistance with monologue preparation, auditions, VCE monologue, entry into major full time drama schools, showreel making and industry advice
- A solid 20-year history
- An impressive industry record – our students have worked in major and smaller roles in almost every Australian TV show over 15 years, many feature films, and for most major theatre companies – including several overseas (see Students of note)
- A genuine list of well-known past and present students for whom Drama with a Difference was the launching pad into the industry
- Integrity – a grounded and realistic approach to people wishing to be actors – we present a realistic picture of the industry
- Inspiration and encouragement – as much assistance as possible in helping you realize your dreams
- Genuine connections with major casting consultants, producers and agents – as a highly respected drama school, these people contact us on a regular basis for suggestions – including children and teenagers. (see Students of note)
- Experienced teachers who possess hands-on experience as actors / directors / agents.